Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Can Feel The Distance

CHINA all the way to new york
i can feel the distance
getting close
you're right next to me
but i need an airplane
i can feel the DISTANCE
as you breathe.


I feel it. I feel it quite often. I feel it when I sit in my prestigious all-male classroom and nobody dares talk to me. I feel it when I am at the barbershop and he's looking at me differently and taking my money indifferently. I feel it when I am up late night internet shopping...and the materialistic lust makes me brand new. I feel it when I watch an episode of that simple show that I'm much too embarrassed to say. I wish that my life was like that show. I feel it when I think about all the people that I will have to step on to climb my way to the top. I feel it when I realize that I just cannot realize that "SHE" didn't win the election. I feel it when I got those text messages and I knew that he cried. I thought about all those times that I was him and somebody made me cry. I feel it when nostalgia hits me...but there is just no looking back. I can't. It's been a long journey from where I started and now I dream of Ferragamo briefcases, Burberry Topcoats, a Perfectly Tailored Suit from Hugo Boss, a freckled face assistant that I can scream at, a Firefighter Red Hummer, a Bank Account That Never Says No, and the Infinite Hunger that Les often speaks of. I'm hungry Les. I've been hungry for a very, very, VERY long time. But Mr. Brown, I'm also confused. I'm confused and lonely. I'm confused, lonely, and numb. What is it that I feel? Everything. Nothing.


P.S don't worry Les, I'm still hungry most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment